Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holiday WOW at The Curious Sofa

I was running low on my French Olive and Lavender hand soap, so I had to make a quick stop in The Curious Sofa. Jason and Dash waited in the car. It wasn't until I posted on the blog that I figured out that these photos are in order and kind of catalogue my fast journey through the store.

I'm not sure what this cabinet once held, but the way the drawers flipped out were really cool. This is my favorite store in the universe and has been for years. Stopping there, if only for a moment, is like therapy for me. Ahhhh . . . .


This bed looks like a fluffy cloud of white and cream goodness. Check out the chandeliers overhead. Not too hard to figure out that the owner was a photo stylist in a past life . . .




Suspended bird cages -- the whole store features vignette after vignette of artful creations.

I have the tarnished silver bug.



Clutches made of recycled computer keys.

She called this a "leprechaun pipe" and it went home with me. I can never make it out of the store with just the soap.




These Santas looked good enough to eat.

I was diggin' on the Frenchie salt and pepper shakers.


These looked like the kind of gals who would speak the Queen's English - you know, "The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain," and all that jazz.


The santos hand came home with me, too. I think I'll be putting mine on a pile of books, too, but for now, it's on my entry table that came from . . . you guessed it.


So much pop with so little color thanks to so many shapes and textures.



Another brilliant display.

Loved the turquoise in this one.


I saw this settee on the Curious Sofa blog and fell in love, but like I keep telling myself, one project at a time. I'm still coming up with the last 50 percent of those plantation shutters that will be here soon!

I have a weird chalk kewpie I got at The Curious Sofa except mine has no hair and no arms. My friend, Cynthia, thought it was a Halloween decoration!


You can see my santos hand in this picture, a little PG rated, but it was purely accidental.


And of course, someone in my family always has to make fun of my latest finds.

No comments: