Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

We went to my mom's for Thanksgiving this year and although my brother Kahn and my gorgeous sister-in-law, Kavitha (above) were celebrating with friends in Wisconsin, we look forward to spending some time with them in December before their baby arrives in January.

My cousin, Janet, and her family came over. Above are her son Ryan and my Brendan. Janet's husband, Bryan, had a good time making jokes about Brendan's hair and all the things, both living and not, that could be lurking in it!

My dad, Jason, and Bryan.

I like to snap some shots of mom's house. You won't find any dead animal skulls like you will in mine, but she has some cool stuff. Like this giant picture above the fireplace.

She got this great lantern recently. If we left it outside and let it rust a bit, it would be perfect in my house!

One table with fresh flowers, ready for the Thanksgiving feast.

This hutch is in the dining room. I like the black on the inside and it's distressed. Very cool

My mom has collected these Hallmark antique car ornaments for my brother for 19 years now. I don't think she'll complain much when they discontinue the series.

We have had this Kermit the Frog ornament for as long as I can remember.

I found these tiny place card holders at the River Market Antique Mall and I love the way my mom has them displayed this year.

So cute with the chippy paint and various shapes.

My mom has had this nativity for about 40 years. Once again, it is something I love to see around the holidays.

One of my mother's many trees! The latest she has not put up yet and is flocked heavily -- awesome! It would be wonderful with blue lights and vintage ornaments. I'll post pics of that tree when it's up and ready. She gave us a tree that we'll be decorating this weekend. I am so happy that we have room for a tree in our new house! I'm thankful for such a great day with family even if I did lose at dominos.

No comments: