Saturday, November 28, 2009

Merry Merry and a Little Vintage by Crystal

I just love getting out the Christmas decorations. These cotton and paper figurines by Vintage by Crystal are some of my favorites. Crystal uses a cotton-spinning technique from 19th Century Germany to make her great animals.

The tinsel trees are from the Curious Sofa.


Crystal also makes these great banners. I got this last year and when I put it up, my husband jokingly asked me what I was going to wish for, a bigger house to put all my "crap"? Well, well, well, isn't it interesting what a year brings as I decorate my new, much larger house. Those who know me know I am not bragging -- we came from 850 square feet!

I made this switch plate cover for my entry way. The doll head came from a great shop in St. Joe called The Rusty Chandelier. I need to head back that way to find a couch for my living room, but one project at a time, I keep reminding myself.

The little plate is made in Germany and came from a thrift store a couple years ago. The box was a garage sale find at 50 cents. Don't you just love a bargain?


These wonderful pilgrim salt and pepper shakers came from my mother-in-law's friend, Brenda. Brenda always sends lots of great stuff up this way from Alabama. What a sweet woman to always think of us and she knows just what I like. She is in my thoughts as she struggles with a painful form of cancer that comes with equally horrible treatments. We love you, Miss Brenda!

More great salt and pepper shakers from Brenda.

Jason, Dash and I decorated the tree last night. I'll have to take more pics tonight when it's dark. Dash picked out a great tree skirt.


My mom made this nativity set in 1983 when she was on a toll painting kick. That kick must have been replaced by bridge and she still plays many times a week. This set brings back great memories and I'm happy I finally have room for it.




Speaking of Mom, here she is in 1971. She thinks this pic was painted in Houston. Isn't it cool that it once was in style to sit for such portraits?

I'm going to replace the wall pockets with cream and white, but like I said, I need to concentrate on one project at a time. Today's will be to replace the dark backing of the built-in-shelves in my family room with pages from an old biology book. Before and after pics coming soon. I hope you are enjoying some rest and joy from projects of your own this holiday season!

No comments: