Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Shopping Extravaganza!!!

I made a stop at The Curious Sofa on Friday to check out the Spring digs. To say we are ALL ready for warm sunshine and new buds on the trees is a vast understatement!!


There were lots of wonderful goodies to explore.

If red had any place in my decor, I would have to snatch up these wonderful "Alice in Wonderland" chairs.

Complete with worn velvet - I would not change a thing!


Lots of eggs, and nests, and burlap Frenchy pillows.

And garden-inspired pics . . .

This bedding was to die for, lush light pink with gray velvety detail. Sweet dreams.



And the store smelled wonderful with scents of Hillhouse Naturals soy candles in Fresh Cut Grass and Bloom wafting throughout.

And I finally found a family room chair to replace the broken down one I currently have (complete with some springs sticking out of the bottom). This one is big, fluffy and comfy!

And I ordered it in this Frenchy, scrolly fabric (below). Yipppeeeeee!!! I can hardly wait!

And a closeup of the great fabric.

And I had to take care of some things over the weekend in Fort Scott, KS and while I was there, I explored the Iron Star. Such a wonderful place! Check out the wonderful seafood tureen!


Great portraits and topiaries.


The garden display below complete with fountain was fresh and fun.


The styling in this store was really cool and when I complimented the shop owner, she got it just right by saying we're all just little girls playing with our things, fluffing here, and rearranging there. I couldn't get a good pic, but this ladder was hanging from the ceiling - what a Spring-y idea with the topiaries and greenery strewn about.

Here's a couple views from the outside on this little town square with brick streets and Nat King Cole piping through speakers on the lamp posts (oh, and 68+ degree weather!!). Ahhhhh . . .

And I guess my meandering to the dark side of home decor has hit bottom. The only reason I passed up this tombstone that was for sale in an antique mall was because I couldn't lift it and I thought it was bad form to ask my mother to help me. Good thing because not even Jason was keen to the idea and wondered aloud about the grave that now stood without a headstone. True dat . . .

2 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

WOW...I love your new chair!!! What a fun day of shopping you had, great stuff and I love the old tombstone too. I just found the cutest taxidermy, two baby coons in a tree hole...soooo sweet, but $95.00 that will be going for property taxes and not toys for my mad house...rats!!!

Love the Pink Chateau birdhouse and the yardsticks and pennies...ingenious...girl you are good!!!

I'm gonna go play with my dolls now...heehee...be afraid!!!

Sista Nut

sweetpea said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. Love the chair, you lucky girl. Curious Sofa looks fab as always, I'll be seeing Deb soon in Texas.

Hugs,

Shelley