Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ronald McDonald House Redo

I'm designing a couple of rooms for the Ronald McDonald House here in KC.  One room is a camp theme and the other is "Under the Big Top!"  I am doing a few mosaics, but this week, it's been all about painting headboards and a few accessories for the rooms.  These first two photos are the canoes that will be the headboards over each of the beds in the camp room.



Screech owl.


Deer and raccoon.


And here's one of the headboards for the circus room.


And I painted a few peanuts for the circus room as well.  So much fun!!


2 comments:

The JR said...

What a fun project.

I started a new mosaic a couple of nights ago. Another horse from the Spring Storm quilt pattern.

Not quite as large as the one I did for myself.

It's for my horse trainers assistant. She had a life altering experience. I really don't know her that well, but I just felt it was right to make her something. And I told the hubby since I wouldn't know what to buy her and I could not possibly buy her something that would convey how my heart goes out to her for fighting and pulling through this adversity, I am choosing to do a mosaic.

I think she's gonna like it a lot.

Eccentricities said...

I can relate, Ramona. Sometimes, a heartfelt artisan gift is just what someone needs to make them feel someone cares. What a great idea. Can't wait to see it.