Saturday, November 10, 2012

Custom by Design

Lots of custom orders happening!  LOVE IT!  This one is for a guy who volunteers at a pit bull rescue.  He wanted something in that theme with a late 1800's feel.  I think I got it!


That's a Victorian era window sash and is meant to reference the "setting free" of these dogs.  Setting them free from homelessness, from abusive owners, from dog fighting and ultimately, from the emotional issues they suffer as a consequence.


The neutral colors, back stamp, and pearls also give it that late 1800's feel.



Next up, a custom plate for a fire fighter.  The red dishes up top represent flames.  I made the hydrant out of polymer clay.



This letter "H" was my first custom order from Zaarly.  It's for a little boy named Henry.


I like to include tid bits that represent the letter, like this horse . . .


. . . and a hydrant


. . . adorable tiny helicopter.


Next on my Zaarly list, I'm working on a super cool letter "A" in teal blue, purple, and green.  Pics coming soon!

1 comment:

The JR said...

Congrats on your sales!

I'm glad somebody is able to sell their mosaics.

People look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I want $30 for a cross.

okay with me, cause I'm not going to make it for less