Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hot Off the Valentine Press

I have many more Valentine hearts to churn out, but here are the first few. I strewn a chain with gold balls across this one. As I was grouting, I thought I'd made a big mess but I really like the way it turned out.

You never know. You can incorporate just about anything into a mosaic but not everything I've tried is a winner. This one is about 7" across at the widest point.

And these are cute little hearts, about 4" across.

Dig the ballerina. (Speaking of ballerina, if you haven't seen Black Swan, check it out).




Here's an example of the underside. I usually grout this side, but I wanted more surface area. I don't think I'll go back to the small side again. I'm having lots of fun with the Valentine hearts and I should be in the basement right now knocking out more but I'm a morning girl and will tackle more tomorrow. If you'd like a custom Valentine heart, email me at kellylaaron "at" sbcglobal.net. I'm not easily offended some come on, think of something special to say to your loved one and let me drum up a heart just for you. Thanks for your support.

No comments: