Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Adventures in Mosaic

I just found out that "Frank" the wonderful shop in Los Gatos, California from a few posts back, is going to carry my mosaics!!!! I am very excited!!!

So excited, in fact, that I've already boxed up my first shipment. That funky wooden piece above that I found last weekend at the River Market Antique Mall did not sit in the studio for long.

And I made another switch plate with the great prisms I got from Anna!

Got the aspirin tin last weekend, also, at a fun yard sale.

And I love using these old-school beaded earrings. They remind me of my Grandma Velma.

I'm already brewing the next batch o' mosaic goodness. More switch plates and another frame. I have a cake dome I think I'll do soon and of course, there is always a bird house to be made. Thanks, Jas, for my new laptop! Now I can post any time I want and not have to worry about hogging your machine.

4 comments:

Chickens in the Basement said...

Love the colors in those switch plates. Wonder if the outlet plates could be done? I have a few that are on my wall above the counter in the kitchen. They are unattractive. Instead of trying to cover them up, they could be decorated. HMMMM! Thanks for the plug!
Anna

A Wild Thing said...

Me likey...ALOT!!! Boy girl, you'll be spread out all over the place just like me...pretty soon they'll say 'are these mosaics from that crazy gal in Kansas'...ha! I'm so excited for you, that's just awesome!

Love the Excedrin tin on the switch plate...belongs to most mothers...or wives...LOL!

I am soooooo pooped, I'm taking a break and sitting down for a few, I have to make 10 batches of soap tonight for the shop in the Amanas for delivery tomorrow, also a batch of 50 bars for the Questers' group that will be visiting Sisters...whew...this is what keeps ya young...right...(say yes)...

Then I delivered two dogs to a gal down the road that has a restaurant and a veggie stand(the oldest in Iowa) and she wants to buy soap when her stand opens this spring, she also wants candles...
I'M MELTING...not really(oh huh!)I'm really enjoying the fact that a good product is finding it's way all over the joint..woohoo...

Do you hear that funny noise...kinda soft and fluffy...oh, it's my chair...the ol' gal gets lonely when I'm not around...guess I'll go make 'er happy...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

See ya sista!!!

hollyhock antiques said...

i love to do this omg you do it more than i have i will put up what i have dun so you can see its so big its hard to see it all . thanks for what you seed about my kitchen my kitchen is like the before on hgtv lol

vintagesue said...

good for you. you deserve a spot at all cool shops...not just one. your pieces are so fantastic!!!!! carry on and good luck!!!
sue