Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mosaic Ingredients - The Possibilites are Limitless!!

Sometimes an old key, vintage tin, or bottle adds just the right whimsical touch to a mosaic.


This old ink bottle has a great green paper label.


This bouillon cube tin sure beats the plain jars they come in these days.  Why include this?  Maybe it fits the color scheme of a mosaic, or maybe the person I'm making the mosaic for really loves to cook.  These little touches add a lot of fun to a piece.


I got these faux turquoise leaves at a bead show last week and I am loving the bright colors.


Another cool vintage tin in green!


This Mentholatum tin is a great teal blue.  Sometimes, I have a client who wants something kind of funny in the mosaic.  Why a Mentholatum tin?  Why not?!


This is an old sinker tin with green wording.  This would go great in a mosaic for someone who likes to fish.


And I use a lot of keys and old hardware in my work.  The ornate tin piece used to be part of a dresser pull from furniture that probably came out of the Victorian era.


With so many possibilities, it's impossible to get bored with mosaics!

2 comments:

The JR said...

I've only been doing mosaics for a short time and mine have all tended to be flat.

I like that you add a lot of these kind of elements to give yours more depth.

I love the things you found, especially the leaves and antique metal piece. The sinker tin and boullion jar are super cool too.

I'm off tommorrow and Monday, so I plan on hitting garage sales and junk stores! Wish me happy hunting.

Eccentricities said...

Good luck with your treasure hunting! You can put just about anything into a mosaic!